In accordance with the Firearms Act, the firearms safety course focusing on restricted firearms (primarily handguns) was developed and implemented on February 1, 1999. The legislation stipulates that individuals wishing to acquire restricted and/or prohibited firearms can take the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) and pass the tests.
Topics covered in the CRFSC include:
- the evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions
- basic firearms safety practices
- operating handgun actions
- firing techniques and procedures for handguns
- care of restricted firearms
- responsibilities of the firearms owner/user
- safe storage, display, transportation and handling of restricted firearms
CRFSC – Restricted Manual
Check with your local Firearms Store for a course schedule in your area.
or contact Tom Walker [email protected] or 250 287-8685