Starting in 2017 the CRGC is implementing a Mandatory Range Orientation. This orientation is required for anyone that has joined the Club and wants to obtain keys to go shooting at the outdoor ranges. The Range Orientation is now available for free at the CRGC Indoor Gun Range. The next orientations are being held on the following dates.
- Saturday Jan 7th @ 10:00am
- Saturday Jan 14th @ 10:00am
- Saturday Jan 21st @ 10:00am
- * Friday Jan 27th @ 7:30pm *
- SaturdayJan 28th @ 10:00am
Course dates/times can be cancelled unexpectedly, please do a last minute check of the course date & time before travelling to the Indoor Range for the course. The Orientation takes approximately 2 hrs and is offered on a first come 1st serve basis. A new schedule is being organized and will be posted asap. Please watch this page for updates. The Orientation is held at the Indoor Range here in Campbell River. The Orientation is a one time event for everyone regardless of experience or number of years at the range.
Note: Members can still purchase their membership for 2017. You will not qualify for keys to the range until you have taken the Orientation. This is an important note for anyone with a Restricted Firearm.
The membership fees for 2016 are: (1 year/1.5year) Adult $100/$140, Senior $60/$80, Family $110/$150, Juniors $25/$35.
The Campbell River Gun Club reserves the right to accept, deny, or cancel any membership at anytime. Failure to observe official Gun Club policy will result in cancellation of your membership.
Two gate keys are needed if a member wants to access all of our outdoor ranges. Only a main gate key is needed to access the 200m range. A new main gate key is required on Jan 1 each year. The 2nd gate key does not change yearly.
To get gate keys, you will need to have a current membership for the year and $10.00 for each gate key. At this time we only accept CASH or CHEQUE - no debit or credit cards can be used. The yearly main gate key can be traded in + $5 for a new one. There is a $5 refund/key if you want to return both or one keys. 1.5yr memberships are available after July 1st.
Memberships & keys are available at
- Odyssey Computers, 780 E - 13th Ave
- River Sportsman, 2115 Island Hwy
- Gunsmoke, 5-220 Dogwood St
Bring your PAL
During the year the CRGC does experience sporadic winter weather that can close the road inside the range gates. While every effort is made to keep the road open from dawn to dusk 24/7/365, road closures do happen during the winter months.
The CRGC encourages the membership to bring guests to the range to learn about and experience firearms use in a safe controlled manner. A Guest is defined as someone that is not a member of the CRGC. Guest privileges are limited to 3 visits per year. If a Guest comes to the range more than 3 times a year with a current member they will be expected to pay for a full annual membership.
The CRGC Mandatory Orientation is now available. All members must attend the Orientation in order to obtain keys for 2017.
50m Pistol Range
- No Closures at this time
- Closed 1st Saturday of each month for the Multi-Gun Section
- Closed April 22 & 23, 2017 for a 2 Day Carbine Course
- Closed 2nd Sunday of each month for the Centerfire Bench Rest Section
- Closed the 4th Sunday of each month for the Black Powder Section
- No Closures at this time
- Trap Practice every Sunday for the public starting at 12 noon
- Meat Prize Trap Shoot - Boxing Day / New Years Day / Easter Sunday / Thanks Giving
- No Closures at this time
- IPSC Section meets 2nd and last Sunday, May – Sept, from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Public safety is one of our primary concerns. As such the range has implemented some specific rules outlined below.
- All Explosive or Pyrotechnic targets and Tracer ammunition are banned from use
- No .50 BMG rifles are allowed
- There are firing distance restrictions on all IPSC alleys. See IPSC Range page for more info
- Please do not post targets on the over-head baffles at the 50m Pistol Range.
- If you are not sure about events or closures, check with the section director for details.
- All outdoor ranges are open from dawn 'till dusk.
For more information on the Range Operating Procedures you can follow this link to access the CRGC Range Operating Policy.
All of the CRGC ranges can be rented for special events.
For more information on the cost and availability of renting one or all of the ranges please contact;
Kathy or Dennis Tipper
Misc Update from the CRGC
- The Club is looking for a volunteer to maintain the grounds around the Indoor Range. If you're interested please contact Greg Yeomans or Dennis Tipper at the numbers below.
- Gate Keys- Make sure you have the proper gate keys. The Main gate has a new key Jan 1 every year. The Key for 2016 is a Red Key. The second gate needs a Blue key.
- Gate Keys change on January 1 each year - make arrangements for new keys asap.
- We have had problems with the locks so have created a 2 lock system at the gates. If your key does not open one lock try the other lock.
- When locking the gates please put a lock at each end of the links - that means if one lock fails - the 2nd lock will still be able to let you out.
- See Events page and Range Notice Boards for more information on Range schedules.
- See Training pages for more information on PAL Courses, Range Orientations, Firearms Orientations and Advanced Courses.